It’s only Monday, but you can get day-dreaming of all the cool parties and concerts you’re going to go to this week. Here’s your cheat sheet to the hottest events in Singapore.
Mon, Mar 2
- The 6th Singapore Short Film Awards begins today with around 145 short films by local directors. On the roster are films like Bon Voyage, Stranger by Night and Passenger.
- Artist Laudi Abilama, alongside Sana Gallery and the Middle East Institute, hosts a talk all about Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew. Plus, it’s followed by a cocktail sesh.
Tues, Mar 3
- Don’t miss your last chance to work out by the bay at Armour@TheBay x 7Cycle Outdoor Night Ride. The outdoor classes lasts 35-45 minutes each, so it’s not too strenuous.
- Focusing on Asian designers, Design Stage brings designers, collectors, galleries, curators and critics across genres spanning architecture, interiors and jewelry.
- Jam with Bani Rahman at Artistry’s acoustic night, What the Folk.
Wed, Mar 4
- The National Museum screens 13 films produced by the Amoy and Hokkien film industry during the 1940s to 1960s. Expect films like Taming of the Princess and Siren of the Dance Hall at Gems of Amoy Cinema.
Thur, Mar 5
- It’s Sing Jazz Festival‘s gala night with acts like Chaka Khan, Incognito and Richard Bona gracing the stages.
- Ceramics and popiah merge at Worksmanship of Certainty and Chance, an art exhibition by ceramist Michelle Lim.
- Cloud gets a comedy night by none other than local favorite, Kumar. The drag comedian jokes about everything under the sun from taboo topics to politics and racial issues.
Fri, Mar 6
- Performance-installation by designers Lim Wei Ling, Darren Ng and Lim Woan Wen tells an interactive story about life in the city through inanimate objects at ONETWOSIX.
- Channel a little Brazilian flair at Maracatu’s Carnival Party overflowing with tons of caipirinhas and caipifrutas.
- Kilo Lounge celebrates their first anniversary with an all-out party with American DJ Chez Damier on the decks, but if underground partying is more your speed, check out Kyo’s guest DJ Bottin.
Sat, Mar 7
- Don’t miss the first-ever Singapore Cocktail Week. The opening party is tonight at Tanjong Beach Club.
- Trade goods or offer your skills at this month’s edition of Singapore’s Really Really Free Market. Goods range from CDs to food, while you can offer skills like hair cuts and tarot readings.
- Rooftop parties get a little Dutch touch with Loof’s guest DJ, Detroit Swindle. The duo will be playing their house shuffle beats with heavy drops, all while dressed up in leopard-print tops.
Sun, Mar 8
- Local and international artists living and working in the historic black and white houses of Wessex Estate open their doors at ArtWalk@Wessex. There are 14 studios with 20 artists experimenting with all sorts of mediums.