The Office Christmas Party
Here’s a roundup of all the food you can whip up for a sit-in-your-swivel-chair, hang-out-around-the-water-cooler office party with your colleagues.
(Image on top)
1. Clink your glasses to a good year ahead with Jacob’s Creek Sparkling Rose champagne (750ml, $27.10). Available at Cold Storage outlets.
2. This delightful selection of Swiss chocolates from Chocolat Alprose (Swiss Premium Napolitain in mixed and dark selection, 200g, $6.95; Swiss Premium Chocolate Dragees, 125g, $7.60; Swiss Premium Milk Chocolate and Dark Swiss Premium Chocolate, 100g bar, $2.95) will soon get you addicted. Available at selected Cold Storage, NTUC FairPrice and Watsons outlets.
3. End the year on a sweet note with candied gingerbread coins ($5.50 per 80g) with a custom-made chocolate sleigh ($26) from Conrad Centennial Singapore.
4. What’s Christmas without a log cake? Enjoy this stunning and delectable macaroon log cake with crispy Lindt chocolate mousse (1kg, $54) from Grand Hyatt Singapore.
5. Have a fab time dipping all these tasty organic tortilla chips (spicy blue corn chips, chili lime chips, yellow corn chips and nacho cheese chips, $2.25-2.35 per 100g) into these fabulous organic dips (zucchini mint, hummus chick pea, tuna avocado, baba ghanoush, red pepper eggplant, $3.20-4.10 per 100g) from Bunalun.
6. Marvel at the beauty and fabulous taste of this gorgeous chocolate Christmas tree ($88), made of handmade premium Valrhona chocolate pralines and chocolate truffles on a chocolate cone from Bakerzin.
Christmas Cocktails with Friends
You don’t have to go to work tomorrow so knock back a couple of drinks, indulge in some tempting finger food with your friends and laugh about the exploits of the soon-to-be-gone year.
1. Drink the night away in style with the sophisticated Möet & Chandon Star of the Night champagne (750ml, $105). Available at all leading wine shops.
2. These tasty nibbles from Da Paolo Gastronomia (black olive dip, $7 per tub; fresh tomato dip, $4.50 per tub; focaccia with olives and sun-dried tomatoes, $3 per loaf; country bread with basil leaves, $3 per loaf; spicy olives, $5 per 100g; bocconcini and cherry tomatoes, $4.50 per 100g) are almost guaranteed to break the ice at any party.
3. This platter of cold meats and antipasto from Espirito Santo (mortadella, $4.07 per 100g; German salami, $7.05 per 100g; premium ham, $3.10 per 100g; mixed antipasto of feta cheese with herbs, semi sun dried tomatoes, grilled marinated peppers and marinated stuffed green olives, $3.65-6 per 100g; Espirito Santo roast beef, various prices; parma ham, $8.65 per 100g; air dried beef, $9.60 per 100g) is perfect for any fan of premium meats.
The Yearly Christmas Family Dinner
Sit down with your friends and family for the dinner of the year. Tuck into that perfectly-browned turkey and have the biggest feast ever.
1. A wonderful meal demands nothing but the best whisky. The Glendronach 33-year-old Oloroso sherry cask 40% (700ml, $775) from La Maison du Whisky is an excellent choice.
2. Just a few slices of this heavenly honey baked ham from the Pan Pacific Singapore Bliss Hamper ($280) and you’re on your way to gastronomic bliss. The ham forms part of the Bliss hamper that also includes fruit cake, gingerbread tree, premium mixed nuts, pralines, bockwurst sausages and much more.
3. Toast to good health, happiness and good times ahead with G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge champagne (750ml, $84) and Montana Malborough Pinot Noir 2004 (750ml, $46.30). Available at Cold Storage outlets and Serangoon Gardens Country Club respectively.
4. Nothing beats the feeling of rounding off your meal with a premium cup of coffee from Wiener Kaffeehaus ($11.80 per 250g), which come in three gorgeous blends.
5. This unbelievably marvelous Christmas fruit cake from Meritus Mandarin Singapore is called the Martel Cordon Supreme Cognac aged traditional fruitcake (250g, $188). Marinated with Martel Cordon Supreme Cognac, there are only 50 pieces up for sale in Singapore.
6. Quite obviously the staple of any Christmas dinner is the turkey. You’ll certainly be tucking into the roast whole oven roasted turkey with brussels sprouts and gravy (5kg, $115) from Sheraton Towers Singapore with the utmost relish.
7. To enhance the taste of your turkey, all you need are some condiments. These condiments (heirloom tomato relish, $12; organic apple and pear jelly, $12; organic lemon curd, $12) from Poppi suit a wide range of tastes.
8. Accompany your turkey with potato gratin ($2.60 per 100g) and a cooked vegetable platter (maple roasted sweet potatoes, maple glazed pumpkin, classic brussels sprouts and potato porcini gratin, $2.90-4 per 100 g) from Bunalun. They make a healthy end to a very rich meal.
Boxing Day Brunch
Christmas is over, the presents have been opened and it’s time to laze around, finish the leftovers and sleep in.
1. Have a sip of Wyndham Estate Bin 222 Chardonnay (750ml, $26.50) in the morning for ultimate luxury after a tiring night of partying. Available at Cold Storage outlets.
2. This lovely, moist quiche Lorraine (670g, $8.90) from PrimaDeli is a fabulous way to start the morning after Christmas Day. Available at all PrimaDeli outlets. Call 6276-3333 for ordering and enquiries.
3. Clean off your leftover Christmas meats with some bread from Archangel (squid ink bread, $8; multigrain bread, $8; walnut raisin bread, $8; sourdough bread, $8).
4. These assorted festive sweet tarts from The Marmalade Pantry consist of pecan pies, brownie tarts (with cream cheese swirl), Mont Blancs (chestnut paste in a tart shell) and cherry crumbles (any 16 pieces, $45). They taste as delicious as they look.
5. What better time to enjoy a seafood platter than after Christmas? This cold seafood platter (that includes half a fresh lobster, tuna tartar and freshly shucked oysters, $59) from Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro will leave you truly satisfied.
#03-33 Great World City, 1 Kim Seng Promenade, 6836-4424
#01-18A/19 Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252 North Bridge Rd., 6336-6006
43 Jalan Merah Saga, 6472-0870
#02-18 UE Square, 81 Clemenceau Ave., 6733-3054
Conrad Centennial Singapore
2 Temasek Blvd., 6334-8888
Da Paolo Gastronomia
#01-74 43 Jalan Merah Saga, 6475-1323
#B2-11/12 Great World City, 1 Kim Seng Promenade, 6256-5070
Grand Hyatt Singapore
10 Scotts Rd., 6738-1234
Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro
34 Greenwood Ave., 6467-4950
La Maison du Whisky
20 Emerald Hill Rd., 6733-0059
Meritus Mandarin Singapore
333 Orchard Rd., 6737-4411
#B1-01 Junction 8 Shopping Centre, 9 Bishan Place, 6259-0461
Pan Pacific Singapore
Marina Square, 7 Raffles Blvd., 6336-8111
2/F, The Legends Fort Canning Park, 11 Canning Walk, 6339-8977
6276-3333 for ordering and enquiries
Serangoon Gardens Country Club
22 Kensington Park Rd., 6286-8888
Sheraton Towers Singapore
39 Scotts Rd., 6737-6888
The Marmalade Pantry
#B1-08-11 Palais Renaissance, 6883-2258 (to order)
#B1-26-30/39-42 Lucky Plaza, 304 Orchard Rd., 6235-3357
148 Neil Rd., 6226-3148