The four-day food festival may be known for being a bit more affordable than its counterparts. But it’s still a dizzying array of stalls. Add to that the daily-changing special programs and masterclasses, and you need thorough planning and recon. Luckily, we’ve done the work for you. Here’s an essential to-do list of what to tackle day by day.
Thurs, Mar 26
- Don’t forget to take a trip the Cheese Room, making its debut this year, with a dedicated truffle cheese section.
- Not too many special events on the first day, but do schedule in a session with Jean-Phillipe Patruno of Una (9pm). He’s hosting a masterclass all about his signature Spanish dishes.
Fri, Mar 27
- It’s Friday, so pay a visit to the Brewerkz booth for some craft beer and wine
- If wine is more your pace, book a slot at “The Double B’s of Italian Wines: Barolo and Brunello” (9:30pm).
- On the masterclass front, check out &Made‘s Damien Le Bihan at 7:30pm and/or Alvin Leung of three Michelin-starred Bo Innovation, Hong Kong (9pm).
Sat, Mar 28
- Sake lovers should head to the Wine Journeys booth where Crystal Wines have brought over 100 different labels of whites, reds, sparklings and everything in between. Plus: 85 different sakes, too.
- We are going to the wine class by Rhone Valley vintner (2:45pm) and maybe the dedicated Spanish wine class by Allison Harvey (7:45pm).
- Today is full of masterclasses. Highlights include Tippling Club‘s Ryan Clift (2:30pm), Moosehead‘s Daniel Ballis (6:30pm) and Luke Burgess all the way from Garagistes restaurant, Australia (8pm).
Sun, Mar 29
- Be warned, they’ve cancelled the lunch slot so head there in the afternoon.
- Instead of Sunday brunch, make a beeline for the oyster booth with 20 different types of oysters from eight different countries. .
- Cool down with gourmet icy treats from Momolato‘s booth. They peddle out fresh fruit popsicles.
- You definitely can’t miss the last day of masterclasses with names like Andre Chiang (2:30pm), Daniel Chavez of Ola Cocina Del Mar (1:15pm) and Daniel Clifford of UK’s two Michelin-starred Midsummer House (9:30pm).
|Savour 2015 runs from Mar 26-29 at the F1 Pit Building. For more info, click here.||