There is life after CNY weekend. Start planning your next long weekend by scrolling through these boutique hotels around Asia. From our very own Hotel Vagabond to the Hoshinoya Kyoto Ryokan in Japan and the Terelj Hotel in Mongolia, here’s where you’ll stay in aesthetically pleasing environs. Have a look:
1. Soong Saa Private Island, Krong Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia
2. The Raj Palace, Jaipur, India
Jaipur is full of old palaces turned into hotels. This is one of the best.
3. The Scarlet Singapore, Singapore
4. The Sanchaya Bintan, Bintan, Indonesia
Bonus: there’s a fancy lounge at the ferry terminal where you can sip tea while waiting for your passports.
5. Velassaru, Maldives
There are also five restaurants and two bars to check out at this one.
6. Bon Ton Resort Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia
The website is nothing to look at, but the trip to stay in a Malay antique villa sure is.
7. 7 Terraces, Penang, Malaysia
The Peranakan decor is to die for in this hotel, as is the Peranakan buffet downstairs.
8. Hotel De la Paix, Luang Prabang, Laos
This hotel used to belong to the French governor’s house. Cool, huh?
9. Samode Haveli, Jaipur, India
This hotel was built 175 years ago by the rulers of Samode, and the interiors are pretty palatial, too.
10. Imperial Springs, Guangzhou, China
Live like an Emperor in ancient China within the Conghua Phoenix Mountains.
11. Villa Borobudor, Borobudur, Indonesia
12. Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali, Bali, Indonesia
Chillax at the spa here and get away from it all.
13. Terelj Hotel, Ulaanbataar, Mongolia
Need more reason? It’s located near the Gorkhi-Terelj National Park and the birthplace of Genghis Khan.
14. Misibis Bay, Albay Province, The Philippines
Ask the hotel staff if you want to explore the Mayon Volcano and swim with whale sharks.
15. The Old England Manor, Nantou, Taipei
A bit heavy-handed, this pretty hotel has a mix of Art Deco, Tudor and Gothic furniture and architecture, with a splash of Regency wallpaper.
16. Hoshinoya Kyoto Ryokan, Kyoto, Japan
Come in the fall to admire the scenery.
17. Hotel Vagabond, Singapore
The hotel has an artist in residency program, one of which recently involved a Captain Planet dance party. Keep tabs on their website for the next one.
18. The Siam Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
The black Thai cottages that house the restaurant Chon were brought down from Ayutthaya. Oh, and make time for a film at their old-time cinema.