If the first words out of your kids’ mouth before the year-end holidays are Frozen, Frozen 2 or both, here’s why. Through its stories, characters, landscapes, culture, music, and cutting-edge technology, the powers that be at Disney (also known as Disney Imagineers) have realised the Frozen story from its movies into a real-life, must-visit travel destination.
The world’s first-ever Frozen-themed land at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort will transport visitors to the living world of Arendelle.
The whole family is invited to embrace this immersive destination, with its captivating stories, beloved characters – say hello to Anna, Elsa, Oaken, Olaf (the global ambassador), Sven, and more! You can also expect stunning landscapes, enchanting music, and cutting-edge technology by celebrating Summer Snow Day and enjoying fun-filled attractions, such as Frozen Ever After and Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs.
“World of Frozen is an integral part of the park’s expansion and growth, and we’re excited to welcome even more guests from around the globe with the launch on Nov 20,” says Michael Moriarty, the resort’s managing director.
It brings to life several iconic scenes from the movies. A few of its signature spots include the North Mountain, the Ice Palace, where Elsa unleashes her icy powers for the first time, the Arendelle Castle, home of the royal family, and the Bay of Arendelle, where Anna fell on the fishing boat when she met Prince Hans.
Take a Frozen Ever After journey to meet Elsa at her ice palace and enjoy a unique interactive play experience with Anna and Elsa at Playhouse in the Woods as part of the Summer Snow Day celebration. To show their love for the royal sisters, girls get to wear rosemaling patterned clothes, glittering ice-inspired face paint, and style their hair like Elsa or Anna.
A visit to Arendelle would not be complete without indulging in all kinds of food and exploring the charming shops that reflect Nordic culture and history. Try local delicacies inspired by traditional Nordic dishes at The Golden Crocus Inn and Bayside Wharf.
For a delightful shopping experience, visit Tick Tock Toys & Collectibles and Traveling Traders. And complete your Arendelle experience by staying at one of the enchanting resort hotels and participating in themed recreation activities.
With so many things to see and do, the kids might have a hard time trying to “let it go” after one visit – and so do you. Just blame it on the Disney magic.
World of Frozen should-knows
• All the scenery, architectural design, clothing, and cuisine are infused with rich Norwegian elements, such as drakestil (dragon style) architecture, Balestrand’s asymmetrical architecture, and rosemaling floral decoration.
• It recreates cinematic features with meticulous craftsmanship. For World of Frozen, Disney Imagineers spent over three years working with artists and storytellers from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
• It’s Hong Kong Disneyland Resort’s first all-electric Audio-Animatronics attraction bringing characters like Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff to life with Frozen Ever After with amazing realism.
• Hong Kong Disneyland has appointed Klook Travel as its booking platform. Book through Klook Travel and be among the first to experience World of Frozen on Nov 4, ahead of its official opening on Nov 20, 2023.
• For a hassle-free experience, guests can also purchase the “One-Day Ticket with Early Park Entry Pass”. Passholders get early park entry one hour before it officially opens.
• Make park visit reservations up to 90 days in advance via the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort reservation website and abide by these health and safety protocols.
• Hong Kong Disneyland Resort’s mobile app provides updates on operating hours and entertainment schedules. Using the GPS-enabled map, you can also make restaurant reservations or find your way around the park.
Olaf’s Royal Invitation
In celebration of the World of Frozen launch, Paragon and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort have introduced “Olaf’s Royal Invitation”, which is also a prelude to the mall’s Christmas campaign running from Nov 16 to Dec 26, 2023.
Kicking off the celebrations is the six-metre-tall Olaf right outside the mall in the heart of Orchard Road, and a photo wall showing Arendelle’s picturesque landscape. It’s a “royal invitation card” to all Singaporeans to visit World of Frozen in Hong Kong Disneyland.
Shoppers can also look forward to a Frozen-themed merchandise pop-up by Metro with a life-size Lego Elsa on display in celebration of the 10th anniversary of Frozen, fun activities for the whole family at the Jolly Winter Kids Party, and an Explore Arendelle Augmented Reality Filter. To top off the festivities, Paragon will be giving out 10 x 2D1N stays at the Resort with park tickets packages to lucky shoppers each week throughout its Christmas campaign.
For more details and to book your trip, visit Klook here.