Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2023 (AFASG23) is back this Nov with the best of Japanese entertainment and pop culture icons.
A must-visit for all fans of anime, comics and games, AFASG23 will take place from Nov 24 to 26 at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre, Levels 3 and 4.
From premieres of the latest anime titles to the best of Japanese entertainment and pop culture icons, the 15th edition of the festival will present the most popular and trending content in the market.
Be thrilled with meet-and-greets, concerts, and games, as well as anime, cosplay, and gaming merchandise. Although the 3-Day VIP Tickets Packages are sold out, other tickets are still available. Here’s a rundown of what’s happening.
Three nights of star-studded entertainment
From Nov 24 to 26, 20 artistes and groups will entertain music and anime fans.
- Nov 24: I Love Anisong features ASTERISM, Liyuu, May’n, NANO, Survive Said The Prophet, and Tatsuya Kitani. Tickets are selling fast.
- Nov 25: Tickets for hololive Meet, featuring Sakura Miko, Hoshimachi Suisei, Ayunda Risu, Moona Hoshinova, Pavolia Reine, Kobo Kanaeru, Mori Calliope, IRyS, and Hakos Baelz, are sold out.
- Nov 26: SACRA MUSIC FES will feature FLOW, ASCA, halca, spiraspica, and a special appearance by Nami Tamaki. Tickets are selling fast.
Special collabs, video game demos, and more
As part of Bushiroad Expo Asia 2023 at the event, there will be a Bushiroad Championship Series Regional Championship and a Shadowverse: Evolve World Invitational Regional Qualifier. Besides merchandise sales, demos, and coaching sessions, attendees can also play video games. World Wonder Ring Stardom will also appear at AFASG23.
Enjoy Ultraman appearances and live stage performances as well as booth activities, courtesy of With Tsuburaya Productions. Play the Ultraman Card Game to get exclusive PR cards, and check out the life-sized Gomora inflatable.
Day Stage highlights
The AFA Day Stage at Hall 406 will host a series of screenings, guest talk shows and more across the three-day event. These include:
- Nov 24: Catch the special premieres of Chained Soldier and Tales of Wedding Rings, and special guests Iori Moe (AFA 2023 ambassador) and illustrator Shigure Ui.
- Nov 25: Seiyuus Ai Kayano and Yumi Uchiyama from Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 2 and Sumire Uesaka of Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian share their thoughts.
- Nov 26: Special guest appearances include Seiyuu Soma Saito from Rurouni Kenshin, Manabu Otsuka, CEO of Japanese animation studio MAPPA, and anime directors Yuichiro Hayashi and Mari Okada, also a screenwriter.
Shop and be rewarded
More than 70 exhibitors will showcase their latest merchandise at the exhibition area called Akiba Town. Highlights include HoYo FEST 2023 with online and offline events, exclusive merchandise, and live stage interactions, and Kotobukiya Store, which is celebrating its 70th Anniversary. It will be introducing exclusives such as its Transformers Nemesis Prime Limited Edition Bishoujo statue.
There’s more. Visitors can buy the new 120-centimetre cat plush toys from Lead Inc.; special anime grab bags from Muse Communication; and exclusive Oshi no Ko and Chainsaw Man merchandise from Medialink. Content creator and cosplayer Rurusama is also back with her merchandise at her biggest booth yet.
At the Akiba Stage, catch top Japanese and local talents including Japanese dance and vocal girl group Dear Kiss; Forbidden Equation; SO*DA; and a musical showcase by four V-reverie talents, Lilrya Prisvielle, Nova Aokami, Ophelia Midnight, and Akiko Sushi.
Creators and cosplay hubs
Over 120 of the best creators from the world will be participating in AFA’s highly anticipated Creator’s Hub, while the world’s top cosplayers such as +Ely Cosplay+, Angie0_0, Baobao, Larissa Rochefort, and Xiaoyukiko will also be there.
Enhanced visitor experience
AFAVERSE returns with an immersive game-like experience. Visitors will receive an NFC-enabled band. Once paired with their smartphones, they can access the festival floor plan, schedules, and more via a dynamic dashboard. Additionally, they can interact with various touch points across the festivals, earning AFA coins to redeem exciting prizes.