HomeTeamNS Bedok Reservoir, which already boasts a spectacular waterfront setting, has been made more exciting with Singapore’s first integrated all-weather water adventure centre, Aqua Adventure.
Spanning three storeys high, participants can gear up for a day of exhilarating fun at the wet and dry interactive play installations.
SG Magazine had a sneak peek of the centre ahead of its opening in June (look out for updates on our Instagram and Facebook pages), and discovered six ways to have a splashing good time at Aqua Adventure.
1. Slide down the first-ever 85-metre-long Indoor Black Hole Slide. Thrill-seekers will have their adrenaline pumping for a riveting 12 to 15 seconds as they plunge down three storeys.
2. If the Black Hole Slide is not thrilling enough, Double Trouble Aqua Tube kicks it up a notch – it is Singapore’s longest indoor waterslide spanning 114 metres. Grab a friend because it caters to double riders.
3. The AquaCourse: Indoor Aquatic Challenge Rope Course is a test of nerves. Located above the Laze Pool, the course offers eight engaging and interactive obstacles that require the participants to walk across narrow beams or hanging steps, while getting splashed from water buckets. But don’t worry, you’ll be clipped into a full-body harness so you are safe at all times.
4. Scramble Net is a dry activity where the net obstacle arena encourages participants to scramble across the net, crawl through tunnels, and swing from bars, just to name a few. It houses seven obstacles in total. A word of caution: It’s a lot harder than it looks.
5. Clockwork Towers is another dry activity where participants can climb any one or all of the five-lane fun walls. The climbing walls are interactive, challenging, and suitable for all ages. With the auto belay systems, beginner climbers can also climb with ease.
6. If these activities are too much for you, just head to the Laze Pool. It’s a 1.2-metre deep pool that offers an escape to those who want to relax or regain their energy. You’ll have the perfect vantage of almost all the play installations in Aqua Adventure. Look out for organised fun programmes and games on floating pontoons by the Aquatic Specialists such as Tug-O-War and Captain’s Ball.
Due to safety precautions, participants are required to be in comfortable wet attire such as dri-fit t-shirt and shorts. There is a minimum height requirement of 1.25m, a minimum weight of 30kg and a maximum weight of 120kg. There is no age requirement for our activities. However, children under 12 years old are required to have adult supervision in the pool.
For more information and opening times, visit www.hometeamns.sg/bedok-reservoir-origin/aquaadventure.