Bookstores might struggle to survive in Singapore, but we believe that the printed word is alive and well here. So we were thrilled to chance upon the Instragram account MRT Reads (or alternatively, Mr Treads). MRT Reads documents the books that Singaporeans read on their daily travels one commuter at a time. Only nine photos have been posted so far but we like where this project is going, even if we’re just a touch dismayed that all we seem to read are corny self-help books. Bring your A-game tomorrow morning people.
1. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
2. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Married Life!: 101 Inspirational Stories about Fun, Family, and Wedded Bliss by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Amy Newmark
3. The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
4. Mindfulness in Plain English by Ven. Henepola Gunaratana
5. The Little Book by Selden Edwards