VivoCity (1 HarbourFront Walk, 6377-6860) is the latest kid on the block. If you thought Suntec City or Ngee Ann City were huge, VivoCity is gargantuan. The one million sq. ft. mall boasts more than 300 retail, food and entertainment outlets. It counts entertainment complex St. James Power Station as one of its neighbors on the HarbourFront precinct, and sees Golden Village Multiplex and Tangs Department Store as two of its key anchor tenants. As Edmund Chen, chairman of VivoCity’s developer, Mapletree Investments Pte. Ltd., says, “We wanted to create an iconic destination that will constantly surprise and stimulate visitors with its vibrant mix of unique retail and entertainment concepts and ever-changing activities.”
VivoCity will attract a host of first-to-market local and international brands, as well as firmly established names like American fashion giants GAP and Banana Republic. It will also be an exceptional venue for year-round events and activities. This includes cultural or music performances in an outdoor amphitheatre, themed festivals and international bazaars. In addition, it will also house retail and lifestyle stores, restaurants and spas, making it a holistic hub of retail, leisure and entertainment.
A new concept hypermarket is also open. This 114,000 sq. ft. store is the largest hypermarket in Singapore—comprising the most extensive range of groceries sourced from across the world, as well as a new natural food concept store.
Other hip tenants include:
- Bosses, a modern update of a traditional dim sum restaurant, with a show kitchen where diners can see how chefs make their delicious la mian and xiao long bao.
- Brotzeit Beer Bar & Restaurant, which serves authentic German and European fare and premium imported German beer.
- Corduroy Cafe, a new concept cafe featuring a bar from the people who brought us the hugely successful Corduroy & Finch.
- Naf Naf, a classy French boutique offering cool threads for women.
- Nota Bene, which will showcase designs from well-established young designers from the UK, Japan and Australia in an extremely stylish atmosphere.
- Pull & Bear, a Spanish label with the latest ladies’ and men’s fashion for the young and trendy.
- Ted Baker, with ladies and men’s fashion for all fashionistas
- Jean Yip Hub, where customers can enjoy a range of hair-styling, skin-care and slimming services, and also get new looks from consultants at a brand-new retail area
- PAGEONE, an international book wholesaler and retail group known for their stylish and comprehensive books selection.
Avid shoppers will find VivoCity a dream. Time will tell if this huge retail space will take off among trendier crowds as well as the average heartland shopper.